The INFORMATICS PhD program is a unique research degree defined by innovative application and invention of computational methods to advance existing or newly created fields of inquiry. Research and education in informatics has a strong interdisciplinary flavor as it involves experts in the information and computation foundations together with experts in the application areas. The Informatics PhD program at the University of Illinois supports such interdisciplinary research, and promotes the creation of new fields of research enabled by the development and application of new technologies.
Starting in January 2020, all applicants (including current or former UIUC Masters students) for the Informatics PhD program must apply through the Graduate College Online Application.
Application deadline is December 1st for the following Fall admission.
It is highly recommended you do not wait until the deadline to submit your application or letters of recommendation. Plan to have all your application materials in one month prior to the deadline.
- Application submitted online via the Graduate College
- Application fee paid online with credit card
- Area of interest and names of up to three faculty members you might be interested in working with specified
- Upload Personal and Research Statements
- Submit three current letters of recommendation
- Upload current CV
- If applicable, upload TOEFL or IELTS scores online. Note: Unofficial copies are acceptable pending official scores.
For Additional information
614 E. Daniel St., 4th Floor
Champaign, IL 61820